Are you struggling to find the right Ryzen 9 5900x for your gaming PC?
RAM is one of the essential parts of your PC but not necessarily the easiest part to buy. There will always be great deals out there if you look hard enough, as with almost anything else.
Luckily, I have found what I think are some of the best RAM for Ryzen 9 5900x in 2022.
Why Bother Buying a New RAM?
There are many reasons why people might buy new RAM.
Some may need to replace a failed RAM module, while others might want to update their system to take advantage of new features or benefits available with newer RAM types.
To decide which type of RAM to get, you must consider what kind of computer you have. Using a desktop computer, you probably will not need any RAM.
If you are using a laptop computer, you might need some.
If you are using a server computer, you might need more. If you use a tablet or smartphone, you will probably need less.
RAM is where you save all of your key operating system data and programs, such as browsers, office software, games, etc.
RAM consumption is always increasing as more features are added to applications regularly. What looked acceptable last year is now insufficient this year.
RAM selection is heavily influenced by capacity, frequency, and CAS latency. These factors are heavily influenced by the PC’s purpose.
RAM capacity is less important for general-purpose and office work computers. However, it is more important for gaming systems.
Similarly, a creative application requires a large amount of RAM, but a gaming PC necessitates fast RAM and a large amount of RAM.
As I rated and listed the following RAM modules for helping you to find the right one.
Corsair Vengeance LPX-Corsair’s (Best Performance)
- Corsair Vengeance LPX is much more than RAM; it symbolizes unequaled power and performance.
- In gaming communities and enthusiast groups, the Corsair Vengeance line is well-known.
- With a maximum frequency of 3200 MHz and overclocking potential, it is the fastest and best RAM for Ryzen 9 5900X from Corsair, perfect for your high-speed gaming system.
- Low latencies are a trademark of the Vengeance series.
- Corsair selects hand-sorted memory chips to ensure that you have enough space for overclocking.
- The best RAM for Ryzen 9 5900X contains a high-performance heat spreader of pure aluminum to boost heat efficiency.
- To boost current carrying capacity and enable extreme overclocking, the PCB incorporates an 8-layer construction.
- Each chip is given special care to eliminate quality defects, resulting in a consistently superb and high-quality final product.
- The only objection we had was the absence of RGB LEDs.
- The RAM has a smaller form factor, making it ideal for high-speed RAM in tiny cases and giving CPU fans more space to breathe.
- Due to the obviously increased RAM height, you won’t have to give up your favorite CPU cooler.
- Even with its great performance, solid build quality, and tolerance for harsh overclocking, Corsair RAM is used in testing rigs.
- For your peace of mind, it comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
We are huge fans of Corsair memory here at PCSTATS.
They have made a name for themselves over the past few years with their quality, reliability, and affordability. The Vengeance LPX line is their latest addition, and it’s a great one.
The Vengeance LPX is a 2x8GB kit of memory, which is excellent for multitasking. We love it because it’s a nice balance between the price and performance.
It features a low-profile design and is made with hand-sorted memory chips, ensuring consistent performance across all the kits.
The kit is also optimized for compatibility with the latest AMD motherboards, and it supports the latest Intel XMP 2.0 standard for a quick and easy one-click setup.
The Vengeance LPX also has a solid aluminum heat spreader, which helps dissipate heat better than other brands.
The heat spreader is the best part of this memory, as it allows the memory chips to run at a lower voltage, thus allowing for less power consumption.
And, unlike the cheaper brands, the Vengeance LPX is available in multiple colors, including black and silver. So you can choose the color that matches your system and looks best with your case.
If you need the best value for the money in desktop memory, check out the Vengeance LPX. It’s compatible with the latest AMD motherboards, and it offers excellent performance, great support, and a great price.
Why Do You Need To Buy It?
This is a lot easier and safer than it sounds. On the AB350 Gaming board, I got, the advanced memory setting is on the first page.
Just click on the box labeled “Select profile 1”, and make sure you have your RAM installed at a speed of 2200.
- Support for XMP 2.0.
- PCB with eight layers.
- Heat spreader made of aluminum.
- High-performance overclocking.
- There are no RGB LEDs.
- There is no ECC support.
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (Best Premium RAM)
- High performance, with the lowest latency and lowest jitter available.
- Extreme overclocking potential.
- Extreme heat spread and reliability, and best ddr4 for the money.
- Custom performance PCB for the highest signal quality and performance stability.
- Carefully screened ICs for extended overclocking potential.
- Deficient power consumption.
- Support for Intel and AMD DDR4 motherboards.
- No extra wires or cables are required for a clean and seamless install.
- Lightweight, with a sleek profile.
- Easily identifiable by the black and white color scheme.
- RGB LED lights are addressable per module.
- CORSAIR iCUE software and synchronize lighting across all your CORSAIR iCUE compatible products.
This best ddr4 ram for ryzen is a new generation of high-performance DDR4 memory, designed for the latest high-performance platforms such as Intel® X299, Ryzen™ Threadripper, AMD EPYC™.
The result is a memory-optimized for peak performance and reliability on these platforms.
CORSAIR Vengeance is perfect for enthusiasts, gamers, and overclockers, providing incredible value in a high-performance memory package.
In addition, you can address RGB LED lights on select Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro memory modules and synchronize lighting across all your CORSAIR iCUE compatible products.
Why Do You Need To Buy It?
It is one of the most reliable rams you will find in the market here; you can see what one of the customers says about it.
- Stunning RGB LEDs with a variety of patterns.
- With space for OC, this was a flawless performance.
- XMP settings are simple to modify.
- Superior overclocking headroom.
- A little bit pricey
Crucial Ballistix – Best Mid-Price RAM
- Customers may choose from a wide range of memory options from Crucial Ballistix.
- Crucial Ballistix, the best mid-price RAM for Ryzen 9 5900X, is meant for normal users, while it is geared for higher power users.
- Both provide RGB and non-RGB choices, which you may choose according to your preferences.
- Manufacturers provide slightly different versions of a product to meet the wants of every customer.
- DDR4 RAM from Crucial is available in dual 8GB memory modules running at 3200 MHz.
- The RAM supports XMP 2.0 for overclocking (extreme profiles).
- You can fast swap between XMP and standard JEDEC settings in the BIOS.
- The RAM module is very easy to install and is just 1.54 inches in height.
- As a result, you can easily include it in your smaller settings without fear of it clashing with other gear.
- Per module, ultra-bright, individually addressable RGB LEDs.
- The heat spreader is unique in that it does not have any fins.
- We’re not sure whether it’s as efficient as the tried-and-true finned kind.
- The lack of fins allows larger coolers to be installed directly on top of it.
- One of the largest overclocking margins is found in the RAM for the Ryzen 9 5900X.
- When XMP is enabled, the default profile’s CAS 19 latency is reduced to CAS 16.
- The latency was maximized at CAS 14 with manual overclocking at 1.45V, providing the best latency optimization in mid-range RAM.
Crucial Ballistix memory is a high-performance module that features ultra-fast speeds, low latency, and excellent compatibility.
This best memory for 5900x is designed to provide outstanding performance on today’s latest computing platforms.
With the latest DDR4 memory modules, your system can take advantage of faster speeds and higher memory capacity.
For example, with the Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 memory, you can get 64GB of high-performance system memory.
This recommended ram for ryzen supports overclocks speed up to 2933 MHz for the XMP profile. You can also set the memory speed manually from 1,266MHz to 3000MHz.
Crucial Ballistix is an industry-leading manufacturer of memory modules with over 20 years of experience.
They know how important it is to choose a reliable ryzen 5900x kit. They use only the highest quality components and offer a lifetime warranty on the product.
Their memory kits are also tested rigorously to meet the strictest standards. Their customers can rest assured knowing that their memory will perform flawlessly for a long time.
The Crucial Ballistix comes in a black-colored heat spreader that matches the motherboard’s color. The heat spreader is made of solid aluminum to provide efficient heat dissipation.
Why Do You Need To Buy It?
The Crucial Ballistix is built with a reliable design that allows for higher reliability and a longer lifespan. You can buy with confidence, knowing that your investment is protected.
- Heat shredders with a unique design provide great airflow.
- Fast and steady performance with OC headroom
- Just the proper amount of RGB lighting without being overly dazzling.
- Module with a single rank.
- The software used to control RGB lights may be enhanced.
G.Skill Trident Z Neo – G.SKILL’s Best RAM for Ryzen 9 5900X
- One of the most strikingly attractive memory modules is G.Skill Trident Z Neo. It’s G.SKILL’s best RAM for Ryzen 9 5900X, with latencies as low as C18.
- The C16 model is also available, but it is twice as expensive and exclusively for the affluent and connoisseurs.
- With a brushed aluminum half and a polished silver side, the heat spreader features a two-faced design.
- The best RAM for Ryzen 9 5900X has addressable RGBs through G-Skill Lighting management software, in addition to a visually pleasing look.
- ASUS AuraSync, MSI Mystic Lights, and Gigabytes RGB Fusion 2.0 are some of the most popular proprietary RGB software.
- The module has a height of 1.73 inches and is compatible with the majority of coolers and cases from all major brands.
- Small cases and large coolers should be avoided despite this.
- The memory’s integrated circuits are from Samsung, a manufacturer recognised for delivering high-quality products.
- The G.Skill Trident Z Royal memory module is the most attractive.
- The G-Skill includes a single XMP profile that can reach 3600 MHz from 2133 MHz, in addition to the JEDEC mode.
- Benchmark results show that the RAM has been properly tailored for gaming.
- The RAM performed well in Cinebench and compression tests.
- The amount of RAM is excessive for everyday use and is best suited to gamers.
The G.Skill Trident Z NEO series DDR4-3600 memory kits have been designed for gaming and overclocking enthusiasts. And with a 1.35V voltage, they can be overclocked for even better performance.
They come in a wide range of capacities, starting with 8GB and a whopping 32GB. These kits are made explicitly for AMD and Intel platforms, the latter being the more popular option.
There’s also a wide range of timings, ranging from 18-22-22-42, with a CAS latency of 18.
These features make the Trident Z NEO series memory kits an excellent choice for various applications, including gaming and overclocking.
The kits also come with the latest high-quality Japanese capacitors. This helps ensure that the modules will run reliably for a long time.
This is especially true for the lower capacity kits since the higher-capacity kits tend to have more heat-dissipation components. And so, they’re more prone to failure.
G.Skill Trident Z NEO Memory Kits are great for various applications, such as gaming and overclocking. But if you want the best for both, you should check out the G.Skill Trident Z NEO Series 32GB.
But Is there any drawback? It’s not the kind of product with speed measured. You need to enable XMP to get to the claimed 3600MHz speed.
Why Do You Need To Buy It?
G.Skill also offers a lifetime warranty for its products and a 30-day return policy for the kits. If you’re not satisfied with the product, you can get a refund or exchange it within 30 days.
|Warranty||limited lifetime warranty|
- The construction quality is excellent, and the RGB lights are vibrant.
- Reliable and runs well with Ryzen CPUs.
- Thousands of RGB patterns are available for customization.
- Build quality could be improved
Thermaltake Toughram RGB – Best Overall RAM
- Thermaltake Toughram RGB is the most rugged and high-quality RAM available.
- Except having exceptional quality components that meet the highest quality requirements,
- It also has excellent gaming performance, making it the finest RAM for Ryzen 9 5900X.
- The RAM features ten RGB LEDs that may be individually addressed and compatible with various RGB applications.
- One of Toughram’s most prominent features is its design.
- Its attractiveness is enhanced by the black brushed metal spreader with gorgeous RGB bars. At 3600MHz with XMP, the frequency is fine, but the latency is a tad sluggish at C18.
- Equal-speed RAM kits at half the price or less.
- For a gaming-oriented RAM module, you anticipated at least C16.
- The tests revealed that the higher frequency compensates for the slack timings compared to rivals.
- Within expectations, the RAM behaved well.
- The Toughram is the finest RAM; it outperforms the competition in gaming and professional compression and editing software. Thermaltake also included a host of new customization and monitoring options.
- The Toughram application is unusual in that it provides both thorough RAM monitoring and complete RGB control.
- You may choose from hundreds of available RGB profiles or design your own with the Neon Maker.
- RGB-compatible items are also synced with the RGBs.
- In short, having it is a joy.
The Thermaltake TOUGHRAM RGB is a motherboard for gamers who want the best. This board is the best-selling board from Thermaltake, and it has the full feature set for gaming.
This motherboard supports the latest Intel Core processors and the latest NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards, and it has a high-speed interface for the most demanding games.
The board also has the best RGB lighting, with ten addressable RGB LEDs. It can sync to all the latest RGB LED controllers and lights, so you can change colors, brightness, and effects as you see fit.
The board is compatible with the latest graphics cards, including the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX and AMD Radeon RX series, so that you can enjoy the latest games and VR experiences.
And with its high-speed interface, you can enjoy the newest games more satisfyingly.
The TOUGHRAM RGB is the first motherboard to support the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 series graphics cards.
It has a dedicated BIOS for RTX to enjoy the latest graphics features for the best performance.
And the board supports the latest Intel Core X series processors, so you can play the latest games and enjoy the latest VR experiences. This motherboard is the best choice for a new PC build.
Why Do You Need To Buy It?
ToughRAM’s super-high data rate forcing unsynchronized Infinity Fabric ensures it gets the best XMP data rate and worst XMP latency of the pack.
- RGB lighting with 16.8 million colors.
- Optimized for AMD ryzen processors.
- High performance with XMP 2.0 support.
- Timings could be better but are still fine
Patriot Viper III Black – Best Fastest RAM for Ryzen
- The Patriot Viper III Black is the fastest RAM available for the Ryzen 9 5900X processor.
- When it comes to RAM, some PC builders put aesthetics on the back burner to get the best performance choice available.
- Besides the several DDR4 RAM options, we have a DDR3 competitor that promises to be the best and fastest RAM for the Ryzen 9 5900X.
- The maximum frequency is 1833 MHz, good for DDR3 motherboards but not quite up to DDR4 levels.
- The Black Mamba has one of the shortest CL10 (10-12-12-30) latencies for rapid response and performance, proving its worth.
- AMD and Intel provide dual-channel memory mode when utilized in pairs or quads, which dramatically enhances memory performance.
- Using XMP 2.0, the two RAM sticks operate at 4000MHz, with loose timings of 19-19-19-39.
- The Black Mamba has been carefully tested and shown to work with AMD and Intel motherboards and processors.
- Clients may choose from a range of speeds ranging from 1600 MHz to 2400 MHz, depending on their demands and budget.
- Because it provides a better value proposition and a greater frequency.
- The 1833 MHz variant in the center is the finest RAM for Ryzen 9 5900X and our recommendation for most gaming PCs.
- Because of its shorter CAS latency, Thermaltake has a competitive edge over competing RAM modules (CL10).
- The overlocked frequency achieved by activating the XMP profiles is known as CL10 latency.
- Because the RAM only supports XMP 1.3 and not 2.0, expect some speed degradation.
- You can’t go wrong with it for professional or recreational purposes.
- A lifetime warranty is also included with the RAM.
If you are in the market for a high-end DDR3 memory, the Patriot Viper III is one of today’s best options.
This high-end memory module from Patriot comes in a 16GB capacity and has a black mamba heatsink on top.
This is the highest capacity and most expensive option from Patriot, so it’s the perfect memory for a gaming PC or a high-end laptop.
The Viper III is a dual-channel DDR3 memory module rated for 1.5V, which means that it’ll work with pretty much any motherboard.
This is a higher voltage than most other memory modules, so it’s a bit more power-hungry.
With its 2 x 8GB capacity, the Viper III can run 32GB of memory. That’s a lot of memory for a single memory module, and it’s even more impressive when you consider that it only uses 16GB of RAM out of the box.
It comes with XMP 1.3 support, which is a great thing to have. This allows it to be automatically overclocked, and it will be running at a higher speed than you would expect.
You can use the auto-overclocking feature to boost the performance of your system.
There’s also the standard heatsink that is typically associated with the Viper line. The mamba heatsink has two heat pipes, and it has been designed to ensure that it can handle the extra power needed for this module.
I’m using a newer motherboard and can’t use DDR4 RAM, but this DDR3 RAM is the fastest I have found at a reasonable price.
I was able to overclock this RAM beyond what they advertise. It’s not only an excellent bang for your buck, but it delivers the best performance for your dollars.
Why Do You Need To Buy It?
Overall, the Patriot Viper III is a great memory module that’ll add to any PC. Its high-quality heatsink, automatic overclocking, and awe-inspiring capacity make it an essential upgrade for any PC.
- The performance is unrivaled when XMP 2.0 is enabled.
- When paired with AMD CPUs, this system delivers exceptional performance.
- Outstanding gameplay performance.
- Stability problems at higher speeds
- Not much boost with OC
Team Group Elite Plus – Best Budget-Friendly
- Team group is a well-known name in the computer hardware industry.
- In the mainstream consumer market, it is newer.
- It has a well-established value in the server-grade and business PC hardware industries.
- Team Group Elite Plus is a twin 8 GB RAM module that is the best value for money for Ryzen 9 5900X, costing roughly half as much as the top variants without losing quality.
- A dual-channel 2400 MHz module that works on only 1.2 Volts is included in the RAM.
- Lower voltage equates to decreased energy use and heat dissipation.
- Both intense and general use benefit from the RAM.
- The RAM is Qualified Vendor List (QVL) compliant and supports all major brands, assuring compatibility.
- The RAM may also be softly overclocked. However, the XMP profiles will not be preserved.
- To reach the dual rank, use RAM sticks.
- You’d have to acquire a pair of RAM sticks expressly dual rank otherwise.
- Team Group promises to provide the best RAM for the Ryzen 9 5900X and the finest component quality.
- Team Group backs up its RAM with a genuine lifetime warranty and a simple RMA process, displaying their faith in the product.
- CL16 is one of the lowest latency timings available, which is tough to come by in this price range.
- Overall, their product meets or surpasses our approval requirements and is a fantastic option for clients on a tight budget.
TeamGroup has been around for over 30 years, and they’re still going strong. Their memory modules are known for their high quality and performance, and the Elite Plus DDR4 is no exception.
This memory kit includes two 8GB sticks of DDR4 memory, rated for a maximum frequency of 2400MHz.
If you need more memory for your computer, you can get a 24GB kit or a 32GB kit. You can also get a 64GB kit or a 128GB kit.
The Elite Plus DDR4 kits come with a lifetime warranty, free technical support, and all necessary documentation for installation. And if you need a replacement, it comes with a full refund policy.
This is a top-notch memory upgrade kit for the budget-conscious. And if you need more, you can get a complete desktop computer with this memory upgrade, including the motherboard and CPU.
It’s made of metal and looks good on my motherboard. It has a polished look, so it doesn’t stand out, but it doesn’t have that shine.
Why Do You Need To Buy It?
So far, it’s been great, and I feel like it’s a good buy. If you do get it, be sure to overclock it.
|Capacity||2 x 8 GB|
|Data Rate||DDR4-2400 MHz|
- JEDEC compliance
- a longer warranty term
- Operation at very low voltages.
- Better heat dissipation.
- There is no XMP support.
- Overclocking margin is limited.
What is the Difference Between DDR4-2666 and DDR4-2933?
DDR4-2666 is a higher-speed variant of DDR4 that runs around 2,633MHz. It’s roughly equivalent to DDR3-1600 on Haswell chips.
DDR4-2666 supports DDR4-2133 (2,533MHz), so it is not much different from DDR4-2666.
If you have a DDR4-2666 motherboard, you can not use DDR4-2933 RAM.
If you have a DDR4-2933 motherboard, you can not use DDR4-2666 RAM. Both DDR4-2666 and DDR4-2933 are backward compatible with DDR4-2133 RAM.
Buying Tips for Best Ram For Ryzen 9 5900x
The time delay of a RAM package, which reveals the reaction time of a Memory kit, is the first item to check for.
It’s important to remember that elevated kits have a lot more transmission delay than low-frequency kits, so if you want the greatest result, go for a RAM kit with a lot of bandwidth and many delays.
Usually, the latency of most 3200 MHz RAM kits is about CL16, although some high-end RAM kits have a delay of CL15 or CL14.
Although high-end kits feature a CL16 delay at 3600 MHz, CL18 is the average. Additionally, many RAM kits allow you to adjust the ram delay manually for optimized performance, and some users have boosted their ram to 3800 MHz with CL14 latency.
The major part of a RAM module is its frequency. The speed of the RAM kit is given in MHz, and the DDR4 RAM kits have a frequency band of 2100 MHz to roughly 5000 MHz at optimum.
Pick a good RAM kit with a bandwidth of around 3600 MHz if you want the greatest results since games are more memory-intensive these days. Productivity might be greatly increased with such elevated kits.
Function of Cooling
The cooling function of any RAM is yet another key factor to consider when developing a new PC. High-end games and intensive tasks, such as video processing, might overheat the machine. You’ll also want RAM and a robust cooling system.
The additional heat enhances the thermal performance of the RGB RAM kits while also lowering the risk of failure.
Numerous heat-spreaders have been invented, and thick heat-spreaders are commonly recommended, as are unique features such as ventilation cut-outs, which may significantly improve efficiency.
Appearance / Aesthetics
While choosing the optimum RAM for the Ryzen 2700x, elegance should be considered.
This is the best way to keep track of the hottest RAM kits. If you don’t have a case or motherboard that features RGB lighting, you could sync your RAM modules with the lighting of other hardware devices such as motherboards, graphics cards, and more.
What can be more frustrating than getting the greatest memory kits available but having compatibility issues with them?
When it relates to compatibility, you must use the utmost care. The board and CPU must be interoperable with the RAM kit to get logical performance.
You’ll have to use the device at lower speeds in most cases since mismatched RAM prevents it from running at the specified speeds.
Finally, but not distant, when selecting RAM for your Ryzen 9 5900x CPU, the most crucial factor to consider is price. If you’re on a tight budget, you may want to go for a RAM kit that just doesn’t contain extras like RGB lighting.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best RAM clock speed for the Ryzen 9 5900X?
RAM clock speed is highly dependent on the individual Ryzen 9 5900X. Some users may prefer a higher RAM clock speed, while others prefer to stay below the recommended speeds. Which is 3600MHz.
Is 3200 MHz CL16 RAM too slow for a Ryzen 9 5900X/RTX 3090 build?
3200 MHz CL16 RAM is too slow for a Ryzen 9 5900X/RTX 3090 build. It depends on the specific application and how well it can take advantage of the higher clock speed.
Is 11th generation Intel better than the previous ones?
It depends on your individual needs and preferences. Some people may feel that the newer Intel processors are more powerful and efficient, while others may prefer the older models for their unique features.
Is the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X overkill for 4K gaming?
No, the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is not overkilled for 4K gaming. It is one of the best processors for 4K gaming.
After everything is said and done, there is no doubting that there is something on the list for everyone.
Whether you want your RAM to be the focal point of your PC and draw as much attention as possible, or you don’t care about appearances and just want the greatest performance, you should be OK.
All that remains is to set your budget and choose from the list that best meets your requirements.